- Bourbon biscuit covered with chunky milk chocolate (55%).
- Learn more: http://www.nestle.co.uk/brands
- Good to remember: Enjoying chocolate as part of a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, is one of life’s little pleasures.
- Cocoa Plan:
- Supporting farmers for better chocolate. Working with UTZ to support cocoa farmers. Find out more at www.nestlecocoaplan.com
- YORKIE Biscuit, smooth milk chocolate bar with crunchy biscuit pieces for an extra crunch! YORKIE chocolate evolved from a bar that was originally launched in 1924 under the name ‘York Chocolate’ as a single milk chocolate bar produced in York.
- Throughout Second World War York Chocolate was the only chocolate Rowntree’s continued to produce, it was produced as a plain chocolate with added vitamins to be sent to refugees in camps, or supplied for soldiers ration packs.
- In 1966 York Chocolate was discontinued, then 10 years later in 1976 York Chocolate is re-launched under than brand name YORKIE, with its name due to it being manufactured at our factory in YORK where it still continues to be produced to this day.
- YORKIE set out to be a chunky alternative to other rival chocolate bars and was advertised as the bar of choice of the long distance lorry driver in it TV advertisement with the caption “YORKIE – chunky milk chocolate”.
- YORKIE advertising continued the association with motoring through the 1970’s and 1980’s and other later tongue-in-cheek campaigns have consistently positioned it as the man’s chocolate brand.
- YORKIE does not contain any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Sugar, Wholemeal Wheat Flour (11%), Wheat Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Thiamin and Niacin), Dried Whole Milk, Vegetable Fat (from Palm/Shea/Sal/Illipe/Kokum Gurgi/Mango Kernel), Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Lactose and Proteins from Whey (from Milk), Whey Powder (from Milk), Whole Oat Flour, Fat-Reduced Cocoa Powder, Invert Sugar Syrup, Barley Malt Extract, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Raising Agents (Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Butterfat (from Milk), Flavouring
- For allergens, including Gluten containing Cereals, see ingredients in bold
Store cool and dry
Preparation and Usage
- Know Your Servings
- 1 Biscuit = 1 serving
Number of uses
Contains 7 servings
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- Free From Artificial Preservatives
7 x 24.5g ℮
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per serving**||Reference Intake*||% RI*|
|of which: saturates||13.4g||3.3g||20g||17%|
|of which: sugars||44.5g||11.1g||90g||12%|
|*Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)||–||–||–||–|
|**1 biscuit (24.9g)||–||–||–||–|
|Contains 7 servings||–||–||–||–|
|Portions should be adjusted for children of different ages||–||–||–||–|